2017 Columbia & Greene Counties Lake Coalition -
Contact Terri Mayhew for more information- email@example.com
2017 Western Regional Conference
- Panel Discussion - Contact persons from Geneseo, Brockport, U. at Buffalo and R.I.T discuss ways associations can use college programs more effectively
- Dr. Joseph Atkinson - head of the Environmental Engineering Department of U. at Buffalo
- Doug Conroe of Chautauqua Lake Associations talks about CLA's connection with Fredonia, Jamestown C.C , etc.
- Meg Wilkinson, Invasive Species Database Program Coordinator, Natural Heritage Program, shows how to use the IMAP Invasive System on your phone. Assisting her in the show and tell program will be students from E.S.F and R.I.T.
October 21st 2017 at the Silver Lake Golf Club, contact Donald Cook for more information or use the form link for electronic registration. If paying by check, send the Registration form and check to Mark Emmerson, 3758 Shearman Road, Perry, New York, 14530. Checks should be made out to –NYSFOLA or New York State Federation of Lake Associations.
Lower Hudson Lakes - July 22, 2016 - Record Attendance!
Thank you to all of the attendees at the Lower Hudson Regional Conference on July 22, 2016 at the Sedgewood Club on the shore of China Pond in Kent, NY. We had a record turnout of 110 attendees who braved the heat, humidity, and lack of air conditioning to learn about their lakes and to network with other lake users.
The agenda and links to the presentations are below.
- Welcome & Introduction - Janet Andersen, NYSFOLA Board of Directors
- Reslilient shorelines: adapting to climate change- Lisa Borre, Cary Institute
- Introduction to HABs - Greg Boyer, SUNY ESF
- Hydrilla Hunt - Cathy McGlynn
- Hydrilla Search in the Croton and Hudson - Chris Doyle, CLM
- Shoreline Search for AIS - Janet Andersen
- Aquatic Plant ID Workship - Chris Doyle, CLM - Chris displayed a selection of native and invasive plants, and identified some plant brought by attendees.
Lake News OCT 9th
23rd Western Regional Conference October 21, 2017
Join us on Silver Lake in Wyoming County. The gathering includes a buffet style lunch and great talks. TO REGISTER: GO TO THE EVENTS TAB AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE. AND SCROLL DOWN TO REGIONAL CONFERENCES.
The deadline for registration will be Oct 12th, 2017.
1. Panel Discussion - Faculty and staff from SUNY Geneseo, SUNY Brockport, the University of Buffalo, and Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) will discuss ways that lake associations can use college programs and expertise more effectively.
2. Dr. Joseph Atkinson, Chair , Department of Environmental Engineering, University of Buffalo will talk about ongoing research on harmful algal blooms in Sodus Bay, Lake Ontario.
3. Doug Conroe, Chautauqua Lake Association, talks about collaborative efforts with academic institutions..
4. Meg Wilkinson, Invasive Species Database Program Coordinator, NY Natural Heritage Program, shows how to use the IMAP Invasive System smartphone app. Assisting her in the “show and tell “ program will be students from the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) and the RIT.
Read More Read ALL